At Beresford Company, we are committed to respecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. We will never sell or share your private information.
Information We Collect: When you place an order from our web site or via telephone, fax or email, we will collect only the information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information) required to place your order. Any information you provide, as well as a record of your purchases, is stored in a secure database. This information allows us to process and track your order, provide the services you request, and/or contact you about the status of your order. Credit card information is electronically shredded after processing and no credit card information is stored by Beresford Company, unless we are specifically instructed to do so by the customer. In these cases, credit card information is stored in a secure, password-protected manner.Use of Your Email: When you provide your email address, we may email you as necessary to process your order. You may occasionally receive emails about Beresford Company's advertising specials or programs. If you prefer not to receive these emails, simply let us know by dropping a line to email@example.com.
Updating Your Information: To update your customer information (name, address, telephone number and/or email address), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 800-229-9963.
Security: Beresford Company always ensures protection against loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we collect from you. We use a variety of technologies for the protection of our customer data. Your personal information is secure and is never sold or shared with other service venues. On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information in response to a court order or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation, but we never share information with these companies for marketing or commercial purposes. We limit any information transferred to outside companies to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. It is our policy to use encryption whenever we receive or transmit sensitive data. Credit card data is immediately shredded after processing, and credit card numbers are not stored unless specifically asked to do so by the customer. All such data is secured and password-protected.
Privacy of Children: Our web site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13.
We always welcome your questions or feedback. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a privacy-related issue, please contact us at 800-229-9963.
Beresford Company understands your concerns regarding internet security. We offer a Secure Order Promise and maintain rigorous standards to ensure your personal information is safe when you shop www.beresfordco.com, or produce badges through our on-line NetBADGE system (www.netbadge.com). Beresford Company will only ask for your credit card information online during secure transactions at www.beresfordco.com. We NEVER request this information at another site or via email.
Your information is secure: We use a 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all our internet transactions to ensure the transmission of any personal information you provide. You can determine whether or not your data is sending securely by looking at the web address (URL) in your browser window. The first few letters will change from "http" to "https" when you are transmitting information protected by SSL encryption. The "s" in "https" stands for "secure".
Secure Order Promise: You will never have to pay for any unauthorized charges to your credit card account if those charges result from your authorized transaction at www.beresfordco.com. If you are a victim of credit card fraud, the Fair Credit Act specifies that your credit card company can hold you liable for no more than $50 in fraudulent charges to your account. Beresford Company will reimburse you for up to $50 billed by your credit card company for unauthorized charges to your account, IF those charges result from an order you've placed at www.beresfordco.com. You must promptly notify your credit card company of any fraudulent charges and follow their procedures as outlined in your credit card agreement.
What you can do:
- Many web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and AOL Explorer) support SSL technology. To ensure you are getting the best possible protection possible, we recommend using the most recent version of your browser software and downloading security updates as they become available.
- Install software only if you are sure it is from a trusted source.
- Use public computers only if they are maintained by a trusted source, and always be sure to log out of your www.beresfordco.com account and shut down the web browser before leaving the computer.
- If you are presented with a link to www.beresfordco.com from another site and are unsure if it is valid, do not click the link. Instead, type www.beresfordco.com into your browser field and access our site directly.
- We do not offer gift cards or other rewards for completion of surveys on alternate/fraudulent web sites.
- Never send us your credit card information or any other personal information via email.
Beware of Phishing and Other Scams: Phishing is the term used for those criminals who trick customers into revealing personal or financial information. They may use many methods to lure their victims, including the use of legitimate-looking emails appearing to be from a trusted company or bank. Because of this, they can sometimes be difficult to detect. Criminals often copy company logos and web site design to make their emails appear genuine.
There have been recent examples of fraudulent web sites offering free merchant gift cards or other rewards for completion of a short survey. This survey often asks for credit card and/or other personal information, or requires a purchase to qualify for their "free gift". Participation in these surveys may also release personal information to unknown third parties for further exploitation. Some criminals try to appear as the merchants themselves, and may pop up in the results list after use of a search engine. To avoid these scams:
- Trust your instincts. If an offer appears to be too good to be true, it probably is.
- Be careful when choosing links from search engines or email. If you are unsure as to the validity of a link, go directly to our website at www.beresfordco.com.
- Delete suspected fraudulent emails before you open them. If you need to speak with us for sales or service, contact us at 800-229-9963.
- Never send personal information via email, as it is not a secure form of communication. Do not include credit card numbers, CVV, PIN or password information in an email. We never ask for your social security number.